Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Transportation Maintenance Superintendent
(Bridges & Buildings)
Who we are?
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure's mission is to contribute to New Brunswick's economy and quality of life by providing and supporting sustainable infrastructure that allows for the safe and efficient movement of people, goods, and government services to the public. Not only is the department responsible for managing over 18,000 kilometers of provincial highways, it also manages the planning, design and construction of hospitals, schools and other government buildings.
What you will do
As a member of the District Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- providing technical, supervisory, and administrative work for the construction and maintenance of bridges and buildings for the Bathurst District.
- coaching, monitoring, and supervising bridge supervisors.
- planning, organizing, and scheduling of the work of several bridge crews.
- conducting extensive quality inspections on infrastructure and long-range planning for maintenance and capital projects.
- ensuring quality and quantity control of materials;
- interpretation of test results; preparing and/or reviewing cost estimates and doing field layouts for bridge maintenance and capital bridge projects.
- Office location: Bathurst
- Standard hours of work: Monday - Friday.
- We promote a scent-reduced environment.
Who you are
Key behavioural competencies:
- Developing Others
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Graduation from high school, supplemented with graduation from a recognized engineering technology program
- minimum of six (6) years of bridge related experience
- minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite Software is required;
- Valid Class 5 driver's license as issued by the Province of New Brunswick
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and in French is required. Please state your language capability.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
- Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
- Please ensure that your preferred language of assessment is identified in your resume.
Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the following asset:
- experience in the construction of bridges.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure offers:
- Meaningful work and the opportunity to support New Brunswickers in times of need.
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development, and training.
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
SALARY: $33.33 per hour, based on a 40- hour week.
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply?
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to distr[email protected] or by mail at the following address by December 05, 2023, indicating competition number 2023-D01-24. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
District 01 - Bathurst
P. O. Box 476
Bathurst, NB E2A 3Z4
Telephone: (506) 547-2144
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's connect. You belong here.