We are seeking an intermediate customer success manager/CSM to join our team. The ideal candidate will work with customers to ensure they're receiving the tools and support needed to achieve their goals. This includes onboarding new users, capturing their strategy and go-to-market plan, and supporting them through any training, installations, data reviews, and any issues that arise. CSMs have an in-depth understanding of the customer's needs and are responsible for communicating common customer behaviors to the sales, marketing, and product teams.
This is a full time role with the option of hybrid or fully remote work. Remote workers are ideally in a similar time zone as our customers, either in Central or Eastern Time.
Who are We?
HAVEN is an emerging Vancouver-based startup, helping people take control of the air quality in their homes with our innovative IoT air quality monitors and automations. With the pandemic and increased forest fire situations globally, this has raised the awareness of the importance of the quality of the air we breathe. Our products not only detect what air quality problems exist, we also help solve these problems by recommending professional solutions, and connecting to HVAC equipment to clean the air more efficiently.
HAVEN has received invention awards from Popular Science and Time Magazine, and has multiple patents for environmental, air quality and optical particle counting technologies. At HAVEN we believe that our people are the heart of our company. Their diverse backgrounds both personally and professionally are what drive their passion to contribute and help make a difference. Our culture encourages inclusive involvement and conversations to help foster new and different ideas. We are a small but growing team that values ambition, attention to detail, and personal development. Breathe Better!
There is a worldwide increase in the rate of seasonal allergies, wildfire smoke, heat waves, airborne viruses, and asthma. Simultaneously, our homes often recirculate particles, are full of materials that off-gas chemicals, trap moisture and grow mold.
Surprisingly, most homes lack the ability to effectively ventilate, filter, and dehumidify the air to keep it clean, healthy and safe. We see a future where homes are built or retrofitted to be a place of safety or refuge: a safe haven for families and the individuals who live there. Be believe our homes can play a role prior to hospitals in preventative health care outcomes.
HAVEN is reimagining how whole-home HVAC products can be used to better solve IAQ problems by fusing IoT sensors and big data with automation. We are partnering with progressive HVAC Contractors and Building Scientists to offer IAQ assessments and solutions to their customers. For us, success requires as much innovation in the area of technology and product as it does in business model and go-to-market innovation.
What would make you a strong fit:
- Customer-centric approach, you like and care about people, empathetic. You are a good listener and are able to get in the customers’ world, see their perspective.
- Good communications skills, verbal and written, mostly in English.
- You are organized, can document, compartmentalize, and recall different customer relationship situations and statuses. You’ve used custom support and CRM software.
- You are willing to be a product user yourself and be able to get up to speed on our product quickly, comprehend its complexity, and be able to use your knowledge to mentor our customers when they are stuck or have questions. Problem solving.
- You have a technical aptitude, quick to learn new software interfaces and functionality. You will learn our fleet management system and business insights metrics to assess customer status and actions that need to be taken (perhaps even perform the actions).
- You believe that having a good quality of life is important, that clean air is a part of that, and that helping establish health homes around the world is a worthwhile purpose. That conviction will be evident when you are onboarding customers into our program.
- Industry knowledge in the HVAC and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) market is useful but not required. If you don’t have industry knowledge, being curious and a continuous learner will be critical.
- You will be responsible for our Preferred Contractor Program, which offers several key benefits, and our HVAC Contractor customers have access to if they meet certain criteria and follow a defined go-to-market approach and volume commitment.
- You will be responsible for outreach to a short list of Contractors who meet the criteria for the program- ensuring they are aware of the program, and setting up meetings to see if there is a match between their interest in the program benefits and their ability to make the business changes and commitments it would require.
- You will be responsible for taking pre-qualified Customers through the onboarding process, meeting with their leadership, and capturing their specific information into a digital form.
- You will be responsible for checking the Preferred Program dashboard to ensure the customers are installing the product consistently per the program design. If they are not meeting their own commitment, you are responsible for reaching out to understand what is going wrong, and where we can help unblock them. This includes making sure they have sufficient inventory, their team is trained, and their installations are going smooth.
- You are responsible for certain metrics, making sure we are succeeding in entering customers into the program, and metrics that correlate to the customer meeting the goals they set out to achieve, as well as retention in the program.
- Actively participate in internal training, knowledge sharing, and collaboration sessions, including Product meetings to understand and influence where the Product is heading.
- You are responsible for communicating any Product, Engineering, Sales, or other issues that you discover to be affecting our customers back to the Company and the specific team that is responsible for fixing those issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, such as an onboarding specialist, business development, or customer support
- Strong written and verbal communications skill
- Software and high-tech experience.
Nice To Have
- Previous experience specifically as a customer success manager (CSM).
- HVAC or IAQ industry experience.
- Experience in another startup culture.
- Experience in high-tech companies with hardware and software products.
The Fun Stuff:
- Competitive total compensation package including health benefits
- Training and personal development support
- 3 weeks annual vacation plus a few bonus days over the year end holidays
- We are offering this role as remote if we can find a suitable candidate in Eastern Time, which is where most of our customers are. For candidates in Vancouver, we have a flexible hybrid work situation, with the option of remote, work-from-home, and in-office work. We have a physical office you can come into with others, or choose to stay at home. We use Slack, Google Meet and have occasional in-person meetings as well as in-person social gatherings.
- Exciting startup energy