Are you outgoing, customer-focused, quick learner who is highly adaptable and driven to success? If you answered yes to these questions, working at our Desjardins Insurance Agency is the career for you! We’re looking for a motivated individual to provide customer service and provide solutions to our existing clients and to bring on new clients. Our goal is to build strong relationships and be the trusted insurance advisors to our clients by providing exceptional, fast, accurate and friendly advice and service to them. If you are an individual who can multi-task, easily learns, retains information and wants the opportunity to be rewarded with monthly bonus' for any new business written, then this is your opportunity for a career at our office!
- Establishes personalized telephone/in person/email contact with prospects/clients.
- Creates a climate of trust conducive to the service/sale of a home or auto insurance policy.
- Educates and advises our clients on insurance products, while adhering to the company's underwriting policies.
- Work with the agent and team to service our existing clients and completes requests for changes to their policies
- follow up with clients for outstanding items
- discussions with clients/prospects, to uncover their specific insurance needs, to provide them options/solutions to meet those needs or gap in coverage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build trust, be a good listener, patient and be likeable to attract new clients and retain current ones.
- ability to manage time and multi task
- strong telephone and people skills
- able to appropriately apply varying underwriting guidelines/procedures based on client profile
- Previous insurance experience in sales/service of clients
- Property and Casualty license - OTL is preferred or RIBO licence
- Prior sales and customer service experience in other industries.
- fluent in English is required
- fluent in Spanish would be an asset
- LLQP life insurance licence would be an asset
- candidate is responsible for any costs/time to study/pass the OTL exam, which is required prior to commencing employment (unless candidate has LLQP or RIBO licence)
- RIBO licence is transferrable to OTL without additional testing
These positions are with an independent contractor agent that is part of the Desjardins exclusive agent network, not with Desjardins Group or its subsidiaries. This agents’ employees are not employees of Desjardins. Independent contractor agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.