We are looking for a skilled Proposal Writer to add to our existing mature team.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing winning proposals through strategic messaging, ensuring we’re articulating the best story and value to clients in compelling and differentiated ways, developing innovative deliverables to visually tell that story, and strong project management.
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary diploma in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related discipline. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- 3-5 years of related experience with proposals and the RFP process.
- Has worked doing RFPs in the IT industry.
- Demonstrates strong communication abilities, through written language and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Understanding of the IT business to respond to complex RFPs.
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and meeting meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proposal strategy and writing – With limited supervision or guidance, help pursuit teams identify winning strategies by understanding the buyer’s needs, challenging the status quo, and creating proposals that are customized and tailored to the decision maker.
- Proposal management – Own project management by creating timelines/responsibility assignments and driving continuous communication. Identify and remove barriers to progress, escalating issues as needed to the Studio Leader.
- Collaboration – Help facilitate a high level of collaboration between multiple stakeholders.
When needed, work directly with the Studio’s content leader and national industry marketing leaders to help refine content strategy/messaging to best position the firm to win.
- Innovation and Creativity – Develop innovative and creative proposal presentations (digital presentations/videos/interactive PPs and PDFs) to increase our likelihood of winning proposals.
- Communication – Participate and play an active role in regular meetings to share best practices, information, and problem problem-solving with other team members. The proposal writer is expected to be a generator of best-in-class proposals and best practices that can serve as a model for other members of the team.
- Tracking – Comply with and use the CRM database to track all proposal information required to develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports. Ensure data is accurate and updated in real time.
- Training and sharing best practices. Serve as a training resource and brand ambassador sharing approaches and learnings from pursuits. Actively share best practices.
Professional Attributes: Should have good communication and Writing skill.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary diploma in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related discipline.
Experience: 3-5 years.
Role: Proposal Writer.
Industry Type: IT-Software/Software Services.
Functional Area: Business, Proposal strategy, and writing.
Employment Type: Permanent.