Regional Sales Manager – Energy Products
Lead PLP Canada’s Energy sales efforts in the Western Region implementing strategies with Utilities, EPC’s, Consultants and Distributors to position PLP for success as Utilities increase their investments to modernize, harden and extend their networks. PLP Canada is active with all Electrical Utilities in Canada and committed to innovation and exceeding the specifications of the Canadian market. PLP Canada is uniquely positioned with manufacturing, engineering and customer service in our two Canadian locations as well as extensive support from PLP’s global network. In this supportive, growth-focused, team-based environment you will have the opportunity to run your region like your own business to achieve your targets and meet your customers needs.
- Experienced technical sales person with experience selling and specifying engineered equipment
- Experience with specifying products with Electrical Utilities, EPC’s, Consultants,
- Electrical Utility experience preferred or technical sales experience in C&I, Infrastructure and Telecom
- Growth Focused rooted in understanding of projects, trends and extending PLP’s approved portfolio
- A team player who can roll up their sleeves to tackle business opportunities and challenges with a cross-functional team
- Equally as comfortable interacting with customers in the field as in the office
Key Job Responsibilities:
- The Sales Manager is responsible for the sales and profit growth plan for the company’s products into the assigned market and region
- Develop new business. Develop a pipeline of short and long term new business opportunities and lead capture plans and proposals
- Retain and expand business with existing accounts by fostering effective working relations with Distributors, End-Users and Reps.
- Provides technical sales support to Utility Standards Teams & Engineering firms with the goal of achieving compliance to standards and recommending product solutions
- Apply understanding of market trends, projects and customer requirements to guide sales and organizational priorities;
- Collaborate with and lead internal resources to meet customer requirements for successful proposals, business relationships and success of the organization
Reports to: Sales and Marketing Director
Primary work location: Home Office
Travel requirement: up to 50% of the time
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop New Business
o Develop and maintain a targeting plan to support growth of the business
o Determine which accounts offer the most potential for PLP sales increase
o Determines where the buying influencers are and develop effective strategies to influence all stakeholders to support targeted opportunities
o Active targeting and Product presentations to Operators, Contractors, Distributors and Consultants to gain Product Approvals for system or project use
o Identify and participate in Tradeshows with support from Marketing
o Build and maintain an active targeting funnel to track and report on open, won and lost opportunities
o Responsible for sales strategy of assigned products and markets and will create a sales and market development plan to drive growth
o Maintain map of PLP position at Utility/Tier 1 and set priorities for targeting and development.
o Identify long term projects to allow PLP to gain an early position on specifications and
BOM’s o Collaborate with Product Manager on new product introductions and for maintaining a Product Roadmap for new requirements and products o Advise management on market requirements for inventory and service to support sales strategy
- Distributor and Rep Support and Management
o Identify, train and develop regional distributors and reps to support and sell PLP products
o Collaborate with Sales Director on distributor strategies and pricing strategies
- Leads Customer RFQ’s
o Lead Bid strategy with direction to Customer Service & Product Support for project review and quote preparation
o Review proposals for market competitiveness and submission of required technical and commercial documentation
o Full pricing authority for quotes up to $250k with margin >25%
o Lead follow up activities
o Understands how PLP products are used by its customers and the markets to which PLP sells
o Technically capable of demonstrating products to distributors and end-users.
o Provide technical sales support to stakeholders to support goal of achieving standards and customer satisfaction
o Resolve customer technical requests and complaints with the support of PLP Product
Support and Quality groups
o Prepare monthly reports, sales analysis and forecasts
o Maintain good records utilizing PLP processes and CRM
o Effectively monitors expenses for travel, entertainment and samples
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong collaborative and team skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with precision and efficiency in tight deadlines
- Spoken languages: English, French a plus
- Written languages: English, French a plus
Experience / Education / Skillset:
- 5-7 years of demonstrated sales experience.
- Requires complete knowledge of the organization’s products, services and policies along with several years experience in sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technologist diploma, or equivalent technical background.
- Results orientated, self-motivated, goal oriented and able to implement programs and adapt to change.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within Canada and some US travel.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Full Time, permanent position
- Work schedule, 8am to 5pm, 40 hours a week.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes, life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, vacation days and paid holidays and a deferred profit-sharing retirement program.
We are a company that values new ideas and opinions, and we encourage our employees to ask questions in the spirit of continuous improvement. We promote a balance of work and family as an important aspect that helps sustain the long-term growth and health of all our employees. We value diversity and inclusion and have a workplace in which all employees respect one another and work together to achieve common goals. The company also has annual social activities and a service awards program, that recognize the ongoing contributions of employees every year.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodation will be provided to candidates with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to participate in the process and require an accommodation, please let us know in advance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Expected start date: 2023-10-02