The Senior IT Technician is highly technical, customer facing, and accountable for end-to-end customer server and cloud deployments.
The individual will own technical customer engagement including: some project management, architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and lead deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
Drive deployment of customer workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers
- Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support for customers migrating complex workloads to the cloud
- Ability to adjust and change a proposed design completely and still address customer requirements and timelines
Has passed or is close to passing at least one of the Azure technical certification exams (70-532, 70-533, or 70-534)
- Possesses a deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Successful in building technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on-premises workloads to the cloud
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle concepts and designing platforms to suit specific application requirements
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Experience with SQL and PaaS a plus
- Any networking, security or competitive product experience such as Cisco and Amazon is a plus.
- Time management and time accounting is a must as this is a billable role for client delivery
- Deep IaaS knowledge around workload transition and migration is a plus
- Ability to stay current on Azure technology outside of the work environment compliments this role (i.e. – lab work, Azure tenant, O365 tenant, blogging and writing)
- Excellent diagnostic, problem solving and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational, documentation and time management skills.
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Basic working knowledge of internet security and Linux.
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows server software, internet services, and small business networking.
- Ability to configure and build hardware including servers.
- Mobile Telephone.
- Own a vehicle with Class 7 insurance for business purposes.
- Class 5 driver’s license.