Capgemini supports all aspects of your well-being throughout the changing stages of your life and career. For eligible employees, we offer:
- Flexible work
- Healthcare including dental, vision, mental health, and well-being programs
- Financial well-being programs such as 401(k) and Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Family building benefits like adoption assistance, surrogacy, and cryopreservation
- Social well-being benefits like subsidized back-up child/elder care and tutoring
- Mentoring, coaching and learning programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Disaster Relief
World leader in engineering and R&D services, Capgemini Engineering combines its broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software to support the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Coupled with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 55,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including Aeronautics, Space, Defense, Naval, Automotive, Rail, Infrastructure & Transportation, Energy, Utilities & Chemicals, Life Sciences, Communications, Semiconductor & Electronics, Industrial & Consumer, Software & Internet.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 360,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Capgemini is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to your recruiting contact.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Purpose of the Job
You will work on one of the world's largest social media platforms which work with a few petabytes of data coming to the system daily. You will give as part of R&D self-organized team working in a ground breaking innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, build, and implement the solutions for many technical challenges using groundbreaking technologies, including building/improving Data processing platform enabling work of software used by hundreds of millions of users.
- Acquires tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all partners.
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set timelines and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations, agrees task duration with the manager and gives to project plan of assigned area.
- Evaluating existing data systems.
- Developing standard processes for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models.
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Solving and optimizing data systems.
- Understand the business drivers and analytical use-cases and translate these to data products
- Design, implement and maintain pipelines that produce business critical data efficiently using cloud technology
- Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
- Reports about area readiness/quality, and raise red flags in crisis situations which are beyond their AOR.
- Responsible for resolving crisis situations within their AOR.
- Initiates and conducts code reviews, builds code standards, conventions, and guidelines.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to make valuable contributions to the product.
- Constantly improves their professional level.
- Collaborates with other teams.
- University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
- shown experience as Senior Software Engineer.
- Python and Java coding skills with 5+Years of experience.
- Expertise with Thrift and RPC Services is must.
- Experience with distributed systems is must.
- Ability to coordinate and document solutions.
- Curiosity about coordinating systems and processes to make the difficult trivial
- Strong OOP skills
- Effective communication (oral & written)
- Result oriented approach
- Experience with AWS & K8S.