Mango Insurance is one of the fastest-growing insurance brokers in Canada consistently for the past three years. Currently operating in Alberta and Ontario, we will opening offices in Manitoba and California before the end of 2023. Mango Insurance works with leading insurance companies and, unlike brokers who have access to few insurers, this ensures that the customers get the best coverage and price for risk transfers to insurers. Our team of experienced risk consultants designs a balanced portfolio that includes risk mitigation and risk retention strategies.
Mango Insurance is recruiting a Business Development Representative to join our sales team.
A Business Development Representative (BDR, for short) is responsible for generating new business opportunities. Daily, BDRs are making cold calls, sending emails, and leading high-level discovery calls with prospects. The ultimate goal is to produce four qualified leads per eight-hour shift, which eventually turn into legitimate sales opportunities. Once a meeting is booked, the BDR passes the prospect off to a Producer/Risk Consultant.
Pipeline/ Lead Generation
- Business to business cold calling, email and social media
- Prospecting research
- Drive sales and pipeline growth though setting up qualified meetings for Sales Executives
- Utilize the iWin prospect system, cold calling techniques, and script development tools.
Sales & Sales Process
- Training on the Sales Playbook, along with Bignition
- Provide Pre-First meeting strategy on accounts; help producers identify our differentiation against our competition & resources necessary to win!
- Attend second call and first meetings
- Provide Post-Meeting debriefs; include an action plan to win or close the file
- Ensure the Sales Playbook is followed by all sales employees with ongoing training & development
- Audit failed new business opportunities to determine where improvements can be made, lessons learned
- Assist and monitor business plans for ongoing success
- Ensure adherence to Sales Playbook procedures and underwriting guidelines for the acquisition of new business
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and company functions
- Abide by and adhere to the policies and procedures as outlined in the Policies and Procedures manual
- Other related duties as required
- Attend necessary courses and industry events to secure your AIC Level 1 license
- Take management training courses, as required
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum high school diploma and a clear criminal record are absolutely required for this position
- 1 year of prospecting and cold calling would be an asset
- Business-to-business selling experience would be an asset
- Great communicator – verbal and written
- Preference will be given to candidates with an outstanding personality
This job operates in a professional office environment. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person