IT Project Manager
Sagamok is adopting and integrating new SaaS IT tools and implementing a cloud-based infrastructure based in MS Azure. A Project Manager is required to work closely with the Director of IT & Communications to facilitate the project implementations organization wide. This role is key in delivering these critical digital projects and advancing Sagamok's digital roadmap and strategy going forward.
The IT Project Manager is required to work with the Director to manage the successful procurement and implementation of several key digital projects at Sagamok from concept to completion. This is a new role and will work cross-functionally with project owners, leadership, and additional IT Services and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading and preparing documentation including regular team meetings, status updates, progress reports, workback schedules
- Gathering requirements and creating associated documentation, such as business and functional requirements documents, work back schedules, complex workflow diagrams
- Managing deliverables in line with project plans
- Driving overall progress, coordinate use of resources, resolving conflicts and recommending actions
- Documenting complex workflows
- Ensuring compliance with all security, privacy, and IT protocols during build outs
- Coordinating the delivery of all Sagamok’s new digital products
- Working with vendor(s) to communicate project needs and timelines; then planning timelines with Sagamok Internal teams
- Working with internal teams to determine content development needs
- Coordinating internal schedules for review and proof of concept for new workflows
- Setting realistic timelines and ensuring budgets and timelines are being adhered to by internal team and vendor(s)
- Working with communications team to produce training and support material as required for successful implementation and integration process within existing programs and processes
- Completing quality and compliance testing and control (e.g. AODA, cybersecurity)
Qualifications/Terms & Conditions:
- 3+ years of experience managing IT implementation projects. CRM, LMS, or SaaS project experience is an asset
- Experience in business systems analysis, implementing projects requiring configuration and integrations
- Leadership experience, which may include project leadership with direct or indirect reporting relationships
- Hybrid position but required to be on-site for a minimum of two days per week
- Postsecondary education related to information technology or business, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent. PMP is desirable
- Strong understanding of digital and agile project delivery
- An understanding of IT procurement within a government agency is highly desirable
- Strong relationship building skills with communication abilities to effectively manage vendors and internal stakeholders, and present to senior leadership
- An understanding of cybersecurity and risk assessments
- Ability to influence as a sole contributor with informal reporting relationships to drive projects to completion
- An understanding of Azure services and cloud architecture
- Experience leading API integration and configuration
- Knowledge of security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001)
- BI and SQL experience is an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) to:
Attn: Human Resources
Sagamok Anishnawbek, P.O. Box 2230, Sagamok, Ontario, P0P 2L0
Fax: (705) 865-3307
Email: [email protected]
By: September 25, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. We appreciate your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Aboriginal people.