For almost 100 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a Fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and over 40,000 employees across the US and Canada! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
The Manager Logistics is responsible to manage all activities associated with the efficient operation of accounts. This includes P&L responsibility, ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance, employee relations and safety etc.
Salary: $85,000 annually + 10% incentive bonus
Shift Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm (Might work other hours as per business need)
- Weekly pay.
- Excellent benefits package after 30 days.
- 10 days of Paid Time Off upon hire
- Retirement Pension Plans.
- Stock options.
- A safe, friendly and respectful working environment.
- Room for growth.
- Lots of learning opportunities
- Manage the performance of salaried employees as well as hourly paid employees under his/her responsibility, resolve performance issues, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with senior management and customers to determine their needs and expectations and operate the account to meet those demands.
- Be responsible for the payroll of employees.
- Analyze weekly and monthly P&L statement to determine account profitability, and provide financial data and weekly operations report to senior management.
- Be responsible for accounts payable, vendor quotes for purchased materials, and customer invoicing.
- Hold Safety & Security meetings, provide safety training and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work on a flexible schedule on the various work shifts.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business, logistics, transportation. A combination of other education and experiences will be considered.
- Three years or more experience in the management of warehouse.
- Experience in transportation operations will be an asset.
- Ability to build and manage effective teams.
- Strong leadership and motivating skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a diverse team environment
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize effort and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word required) and WMS system.
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
In accordance with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Ryder welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Should you require an accommodation, please inform the Human Resources representative of the nature of the accommodation requested so that we may discuss your needs with you. If you require assistance in order to apply please contact us at 226-213-4040.
Ryder est un employeur offrant l’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous valorisons la diversité et l’inclusion en milieu de travail et nous encourageons tous les candidats qualifiés à postuler, y compris les femmes, les minorités visibles, les autochtones et les personnes avec un handicap. (L'emploi du genre masculin dans ce texte ne se veut pas discriminatoire et n'a pour but que de l'alléger)
Conformément à son engagement envers la diversité et l'inclusion, Ryder accueille et encourage les candidatures de personnes handicapées. Des accommodements peuvent être proposés sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à toutes les sphères du processus de recrutement, de sélection et d'évaluation. Si vous nécessitez un accommodement, veuillez informer le représentant des ressources humaines de la nature de l'accommodement souhaité afin que nous puissions discuter de vos besoins avec vous. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance pour postuler, veuillez nous appeler au 226-213-4040.