At SMS Equipment, our Technical Support Specialist – Bomag is responsible for supporting business activities through specialised technical knowledge and equipment applications. The Technical Support Specialist – Bomag acts as a technical resource and trouble shooter for customers. They will provide a deeper understanding of equipment workings, applications, usage, and limitations. This position is based in Acheson, AB.
This position offers a hybrid work arrangement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and maintains an in depth knowledge of the Bomag product line and company.
- Keep up to date with equipment changes, developments and applications as related to service requirements involving industry procedures and standards.
- Investigate and resolve mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic system problems by understanding and utilizing engineering standards, technical manuals, engineering prints and electronic test tooling.
- Assist OEM’s and customers in the assembly, commissioning, and service of Bomag product lines.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting failure information pertaining to equipment specific, service and/ or equipment related issues, design deficiencies, safety concerns and general maintenance problems that may periodically require follow-up.
- Act as a customer representative to SMS/Bomag and as focal point for communication between customer, Bomag and SMS on application related issues.
- Work with the local support branch, provide equipment support and follow-up as required in the areas of operational performance problems, technical issue resolves and all relevant matters as required.
- Ensure all staff and customers exercise safe procedures and practices in the operation of equipment.
- Provide training to SMS personnel and customers, ensuring knowledge and competency in the maintenance, application, operation, and repair of equipment.
- Assemble and teach specific technical training courses relating to the equipment supported by SMS and Bomag.
- Review all customer/internal logs from Branches and provide support and follow up for unresolved issues.
- Provide warranty technical support for SMS branches and Western Region Warranty department.
The successful candidate will have a Red Seal journeyperson trade certification or a diploma/degree in engineering or a related field. Other requirements include:
- Minimum of 7 years experience within the heavy equipment business in the construction industry.
- Field experience is an asset.
- Ability to operate in a diverse environment with a significant focus on client and customer relations.
- Sound computer literacy in Microsoft Office and software applications.
- Possess a positive attitude and be dependable.
- Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions.
- Experience in developing and teaching specific technical training courses relating to the equipment supported by SMS and Bomag is an asset.
As part of our recruitment process you may be required to complete the following:
- Reference Check
- Drug and Alcohol
- Drivers Abstract
At SMS Equipment, safety is one of our values and we care for each other, without exception. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
Applications will be received until a suitable candidate has been hired.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plan, and RRSP matching.