Who are we?
For more than 33 years, Panago Pizza Inc. has built a reputation as one of Canada's premiere delivery and takeout pizza franchises. We are a Canadian-owned franchise business that invests in our relationships - with our customers, franchisees, and team members. We are committed to being market leaders in customer service, franchise engagement, and sustainability.
With 200 stores across the country serving over 8 million pies per year, we believe in the power of remarkable customer service. We are committed to delivering only the highest quality products to our customers.
Our offices are in New Westminster, Abbotsford, British Columbia, and Toronto, Ontario. We also have a tight-knit group of virtual team players working remotely across the lower mainland of British Columbia.
Reporting to the Director of Field Operations, the Business Coach will be based in Alberta, Edmonton Region and will play an essential role in our Franchise Operations success.
The Business Coach produces high-performance franchise restaurants through solid coaching and mentorship skills. You are a highly engaged individual who role models goal setting and continuous improvement mindsets. Results are achieved through strict adherence to standard processes and systems execution. You are always willing to lend a helping hand, and you are the central resource for problem-solving in all areas of the franchised business.
- Act as a business coach to Panago franchisees and Certified Managers on all aspects of their restaurants (Business and financial results, effective operations, guest satisfaction and loyalty)
- Establish and build a trusting relationship with Panago franchise partners by conducting valuable, purpose-driven store visits with operational intensity to improve business results
- Conduct Panago reviews with Franchisees and/or Certified Managers
- Review all restaurant operating reports and audits, analyze the information, and determine appropriate solutions in collaboration with Franchisees and/or Certified Managers
- Review restaurants’ financial, business, and operating performance weekly
- Work collaboratively with Franchisees and/or Certified Managers to develop solutions to improve and strengthen performance
- Ensure all new initiatives (e.g. product launches, technology initiatives, process improvements, marketing programs, openings and renovations) are well implemented and ultimately communicated to support sales growth
- Liaise regularly with Panago HQ staff to provide weekly reports, report findings and share the ongoing needs and performance levels of the locations within the respective region
- Other duties as outlined in Panago Standard Work Document
- You are driven to take on new opportunities and challenges, with an appetite to learn and the self-motivation to continue to develop.
- Solid work ethic and desire to contribute to achieving team goals and company targets.
- Support a positive environment, help remove obstacles, and advocate the effectiveness of cross-functional teams.
- Excellent ability to build a sense of community by acknowledging other people's perspectives and involving key stakeholders (internally and externally) in decisions where appropriate.
- 3-5 years previous experience in QSR, Retail or Food & Beverage industry
- 3+ years of previous experience in a multi-unit environment, P&L, inventory, and operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and Outlook)
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to handle conflict and de-escalate issues quickly and effectively
- Knowledge of franchise operations
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to travel to meet business demands
Everyday Goodness - What we offer
- Competitive salary and vacation benefits
- A company that has sustainability as one of its core values
- Corporate support for community volunteering during work hours
- Employee referral bonus program
- Learning opportunities, including support for training, self-development and well-being
- Support for the work-life balance, including a flexible schedule
- A personal pizza allowance to share the pizza love with your friends and family
- This position is based in Edmonton, AB, regularly travelling to stores.
- Occasional travel to our Abbotsford office for Corporate meetings and events is required.
- Open to qualified applicants from other areas of the Province.