BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
We are recruiting for an experienced Administrative Assistant (PMO) for our Cambridge, ON location in our Project Management Office.
Reporting to the Field Services Project Management Manager, provides administrative support to the Project Management and Commercial senior leadership. Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality while interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prioritize meeting requests, schedule internal and customer meetings for the Project and Commercial Management Team.
- Schedule quarterly cost reviews / forecast meetings / P&L meetings.
- Compile financial cost review package and issue same to stakeholders.
- Create and review expense reports and p-card statements for approval.
- Manage and book domestic and international travel for managers and employees. This may include coordinating travel for large groups supporting international outages.
- Monitor and oversee accurate and timely entry of salary timesheets for all time-charging personnel and personnel at site reporting to Field Services.
- Make corrections and edits to timesheets as necessary.
- Follow up with Salary Payroll with any adjustments to pay.
- Update weekly reports.
- Prepare and issue outstanding vacation report for the team.
- Monitor carry over vacation and issue reports (end of year).
- Maintain and enter training records and schedule training to ensure that Quality Assurance program required training is identified and scheduled.
- Update procedural changes, review matrix and determine if formal training is required. If so, prepare training forms, advise and issue training forms to be completed by all individuals who require training.
- Assist in training scheduling and follow-up.
- Advise individuals of outstanding training and assist to ensure training does not go overdue.
- Monitor training matrices and update as required.
- Compile and/or update project related Contract Information Sheets and issue to Document Control department.
- Run CAR reports, review current status and issue to those individuals who have actions to complete.
- Order catering for customer meetings, review and approve invoices, code accordingly and submit to Finance for payment.
- Maintain Fire Marshall list and act as Fire Marshall for Field Services area.
- General administration as required.
- Review office supplies on hand and order as required.
- Order office supplies required for project support at site and ensure project is charged appropriately.
- Review items ordered to avoid duplication. Ensure cost effectiveness and ensure items are charged properly.
- Post revised forms and additional information on the Nuclear Services portal and/or SharePoint.
- Approve purchase requisitions and purchase orders on behalf of managers / project managers.
- Prepare documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, memos, org. charts, reports, presentations, etc.) to communicate information to the team or create documentation in paper or electronic format.
- Print documents required for reports.
- Resolve computer/printer/equipment issues.
- Distribute all incoming mail.
- Monitor and book meeting rooms.
- Transfer calls as required.
- Direct caterers, visitors, customers, suppliers, etc. to correct individuals and/or to the conference room.
- Create report to track personnel man hours (project and burden); issue monthly report.
- Monitor documents to ensure they are properly identified as proprietary and confidential.
- Investigate availability and costs for one-time and/or non-traditional purchase requests.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of business office processes and practices acquired through a minimum of five years’ experience in a senior administrative support role.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with SAP would be an asset.
- Outstanding and professional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Has sharp attention to detail with the ability to anticipate problems to prevent delays and ensure success (i.e. scheduling conflicts, meeting attendees out of the office, etc.).
- Practices good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality of sensitive information regarding department activities.
- Superior problem solving, time management and organizational skills with a commitment to process improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and various levels of management.
WHY JOIN BWXT?
- Work within the growing and exciting nuclear industry as well as with highly skilled employees!
- Competitive salaries
- Employer-paid pension plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Bonus plan
- Competitive Health and Dental benefits
- Educational Refund Program
- Life insurance… and so much more!
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
BWXT Canada is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.