Position Title: Assistant Manager, Category Development
Location: Brampton, ON
Reports to: Manager, Category Development
The Assistant Manager, Category Development is the Canadian category expert enabling longer-term strategic planning for the local region and are responsible for the development of customer and category 3-yr planning and localizing category selling stories. In this role you will leverage syndicated data and category trends in partnership with Marketing, Customer Strategy & Planning and Sales and Sales in the development of line reviews, JBP’s Top-to-Tops.
- Serve as the category expert for the customer & sales team by providing actionable category, consumer and shopper insights and a POV on how to drive Newell growth & category and retailer category market share growth
- Delivers category 101 presentations to customer and/or sales teams to establish our POV on the category, growth projections and drivers of growth
- Customizes national category selling stories to make relevant for retailer-specific opportunities
- Leverage learnings from cross functional counterparts (e.g. Category Development, Consumer Insight, Trade Marketing, Planning, etc.) to deliver impactful recommendations to the sales team.
- Form perspective on multi-channel purchasing behaviors (e.g. site to store, store to site, etc.) Monitor channel shifting and the associated trends reflected in the marketplace
- Participates in weekly/monthly discussions with local sales team focused on category performance, volume drivers (decomps), and DSMP tracking
- Key contributor in the line review process with shopper insights and data to make recommendations on optimal assortment, plan-o-gram space allocation and flow
- Bachelor’s degree (emphasis in business/marketing or related field)
- 1+ years of experience or relevant education.
- Strategic thinking, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines.
- Proven ability to analyze and identify insights from a combination of data sources.
- Strong project management, follow-up, organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong sustainable working relationships at all levels and functions
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at 289-291-5600 at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on the Company's policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ("AODA") during your orientation process.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer's, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands' beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind.