Position: Administrator, People, Equity and Culture (P,E&C) (HR Assistant)
Status: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Director, People, Equity and Culture
Language(s): English required, other languages an asset
Salary range: $43,000 - $55,000 CAD
Deadline for Applications: September 26, 2023
HISTORY IN THE MAKING
Imagine a fund as revolutionary and resourceful as feminist movements themselves. Sustainable. Scalable. Shifting resources and power to women far into the future. We are the Equality Fund (EF). Powered by Canada and ready to change the world.
Backed by a $300 million CAD contribution from the Canadian government, and inspired by the radical ambition of feminist movements, we are building the largest self-sustaining fund for women in the world. Shaped by leaders from every sector, this new funding model will harness gender-lens investing and bold, multi-sector philanthropy to unlock the full potential of capital to support a gender equal future.
We are in the process of recruiting an Administrator (HR Assistant) to support our People, Equity and Culture team.
Reporting to the Director, People, Equity & Culture (P,E&C), the Administrator provides daily administrative and coordination support to the P,E&C team to ensure efficient operation of the unit. The P,E&C Administrator will act as the team’s primary liaison to other Equality Fund (EF) departments to manage calendars, set up cross-department meetings and provide administrative support to shared activities including research and logistical support to the Director and to various P,E&C initiatives, programs and functions as needed. The Administrator is responsible for the coordination and administration of human resource functions including, but not limited to, staff recruitment, on/off/reboarding, benefits administration, and learning and development.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
General Administration, Coordination and P,E&C Initiative support
- Liaises across EF teams and within the P,E&C team to actively manage team level calendar and logistics (recurring meetings and retreats).
- Supports internal team coordination, including scheduling meetings, preparing meeting materials, creating tracking spreadsheets and updating information as required..
- Oversees, tracks and supports project management across the P,E&C department and functions using various tools such as Asana (and others) to ensure smooth workflow, clear scheduling of work processes and timely project delivery to increase team efficiency.
- Works with EF’s communications colleagues to coordinate the P,E&C team’s communication’s deliverables and products, including EF’s internal newsletter.
- Assists with creating HR reports and presentations using canva or any other creative platforms
- Liaises with Finance colleagues on behalf of the P,E&C team to facilitate key financial processes including procurement, contract preparation, event budgeting, invoices, and purchase orders.
- Enhances document filing system and records management.
Staff Recruitment, Re/Onboarding and Offboarding
- Works with hiring managers in developing and posting jobs, shortlisting candidates and scheduling job interviews.
- Participates in interviews and ensures non-bias hiring best practices are known and implemented.
- Conducts and/or coordinates reference checks, drafts offer letters and maintains HR records in HRIS (BambooHR).
- Develops a personalized re/onboarding plan for employees and ensures a thorough re/onboarding process.
- Input and maintain confidential employee records in the HRIS including setting up and training new employees on BambooHR, assigning them with relevant time off policies, and maintaining employee documentation (new hires, terminations, staffing and salary changes, etc.)
- Ensures a thorough offboarding process including final calculation of accrued but unused leave, updating BambooHR with appropriate documentation, terminating BambooHR account, scheduling and conducting exit interview, etc.
- Enrolls new employees with EF benefits and pension providers.
- Updates the benefits platforms with any employees status or salary changes, and any life changing events and updating payroll with any changes
- Oversees leave balances in BambooHR and ensures employee adherence to leave policies.
- Liaises with third party Employer of Record (EOR) to respond to global employees inquiries and concerns, and provide them with relevant information.
Community, Culture, Learning and Development
- Leads research on opportunities for annual all-staff learning on a variety of topics including Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression, Feminist Leadership, and other EF Values.
- Provides administrative and logistical coordination with external consultants and partners, including post learning session survey/evaluations.
- Supports coordination and planning of annual all-staff and P,E&C team retreats with attention to creating welcoming, enabling and accessible spaces.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration, Office Administration or related field is an asset.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of HR/administrative experience is required. Equivalencies of education and experience will be considered.
- Technologically savvy- experience working with virtual tools and online platforms such as Zoom, Google Suite, MS Office, Salesforce, Asana and Adobe Acrobat; knowledge of HRIS an asset;
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail; project management of workplans/workflows a definite asset;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, to meet deadlines and at times, to work under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal, communications and organizational skills;
- Critical thinking and analysis skills;
- Self-aware, flexible and adaptive;
- Displays solid judgement, sensitivity, professionalism and integrity in all dealings and communications;
- Commitment to anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices;
- Demonstrated experience building a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality;
- Service oriented with demonstrated success in developing and maintaining positive, trusted working relationships with colleagues;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the team; willingness to take initiative;
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and complex environment is essential;
- Proven ability to work remotely in a multi-location team environment with staff, contractors, and consultants;
- Bilingual French/ English considered an asset;
- Understands, values and models feminist principles/approach and integrates into all processes and practices;
- Commitment to the work and values of the EF, in particular the values of gender equality and shifting traditional power systems.
OUR ENVIRONMENT OF CARE
- We trust our talented team and are pleased to offer an extremely flexible and virtual work environment.
- We adhere to feminist values. We believe in sharing power and creating space for everyone to lead. We value collaboration, self care, inclusion and empathy towards all team members.
- The Equality Fund is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes 4 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, parental leave top up, medical benefits, life insurance, Group RRSP, paid birthday off and more!
The Equality Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We believe deeply in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, and all other protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities, and are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please indicate this in your application.
At the Equality Fund, we do not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. All offers of employment are conditional upon signing our code of conduct, satisfactory reference checks and may be subject to appropriate screening checks.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with the Equality Fund; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.