Ferguslea Properties is the proud owner and operator of Accora Village, Canada’s largest privately owned rental community. Accora Village is comprised of over 2,400 homes and over 9,000 residents in the west-end of Ottawa. The community is 150 acres of tree lined streets, ideal for people interested in an active and healthy lifestyle.Ferguslea Properties is committed to providing our residents and community with a best-in-class experience.
At Accora Village, our Leasing Experience Representative acts as the face of the Accora Village brand. They work as part of a team providing best-in-class service to prospective and current residents who have inquiries regarding our rental units. They will communicate with our clients through all means of communication, whether it be in person, telephone, email, live-chat or through other indirect delivery channels. Their primary focus is to greet and welcome all customers, identify needs and answer all questions relating to living at Accora Village.
This is a full-time, permanent position with anticipated evening and weekend scheduling.
The Leasing Experience Representative plays an active role in supporting both the leading department and our future Accora Village residents by:
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Receiving and responding to feedback from the customers and staff
- Create an inviting environment by enthusiastically greeting all customers and responding to customer questions and feedback in a timely manner
- Maintain the overall organization and cleanliness of the waiting room and lobby areas
- Ensuring that necessary supplies are stocked and facilities are clean and welcoming
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information
- Analyzing customer needs and demonstrate exemplary conflict resolution skills and escalating customer concerns to appropriate parties when necessary.
- Proactively following up with prospective, current and past residents when needed and communicate all important information with relevant staff
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor to all those they encounter and will represent the values Accora Village holds in high regard.
- Building brand loyalty and engages customers
- Selling the benefits of all Accora Village residential products, including: pricing, leasing terms, parking, amenities, and building features
- Providing timely and proactive feedback to management regarding effectiveness of, leasing incentives and rental rates
- Preparing and updating vacancy, traffic and turnover reports as required
- Participating in sales outreach events, Kijiji updating, and competitive Analysis and Competition shopping
- Prepare notices, letters, and signage for the Operations team as needed
- Entering resident lease information into Yardi Voyage
- Collecting and processing rent deposits, maintaining leasing consultant calendars, booking appointments for customers, and entering all leads to ensure that traffic data and reporting are complete and accurate.
- Conducting in-depth interviews with prospective residents to determine their needs and promote available Accora Village product that best fit their requirements
- Preparing key packs for new residents, support and co-ordinate with the Leasing department in regards to all aspects of the new resident move-in experience.
- Other tasks may be assigned as the discretion of the Leasing Manager
- Post-secondary education in administration, business, communications, or equivalent would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Unless an accommodation under Ontario’s Humans Rights Code is applicable, it is a requirement of the company that all eligible employees are and will remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Ability to work weekend and evening scheduling is a requirement.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a customer service role.
- Exemplary communication skills; both written & verbal.
- As a condition of employment, a valid Criminal Background Check must be provided.
- Outstanding problem solving skills; ability to be resourceful and diffuse situations.
- Ability to use standard office software applications
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager is a strong asset
- Physical effort is low.
- Travel is minimal. May be required to attend some special events.
- Extended periods at a computer may be required at times.
- The job description implies the performance of repetitive tasks.
- Occasional overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
- Competing demands may create stress.
- Occasional lifting and carrying office supplies or equipment may be required.
- Different shifts will be required, including weekends and evenings
We've got great perks!
When you join Accora Village in this role, you gain access to:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Use of our recreation centre, fitness amenities, and related programming
- Community Involvement & philanthropy opportunities
- Starting at 3 weeks' paid vacation
- 10 days Personal Emergency Leave
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- Corporate RRSP Program
- Regular Employee engagement opportunities
- Free on-site parking
- Opportunities to attend Hockey, football, soccer games & concerts
- Room for advancement & internal promotions
- Paid training & development opportunities
Ferguslea Properties is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
At Ferguslea, we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution in the circumstances to protect the health and safety of our employees and residents from the hazard of COVID-19, as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Unless an accommodation under Ontario’s Humans Rights Code is applicable, it is the expectation of the company that all eligible employees are and will remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will provide accommodations as required by law.
We review and assess all applications and will contact candidates whose background and experience most closely fit the needs of the position.