Peace Hills Insurance is a growing Canadian insurance company specializing in property and casualty insurance. We have approximately 200 employees with branch offices in Edmonton,
Calgary and Vancouver. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service available.
Peace Hills Insurance prides itself on being a flexible, positive and rewarding place to work.
Company culture is what sets aside Peace Hills Insurance from our competitors. Our personality is reflected in our mission statement, corporate values and business ethics and is further exercised through the architecture of our office. Visit www.peacehillsinsurance.com.
Personal Lines Underwriter
We currently have a full time position available for a Personal Lines Underwriter in our
Northern Alberta Branch. This position is based out of our Edmonton location. Reporting to the Personal Lines Manager for Northern Alberta, the successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of a profitable and growing portfolio of business by effectively and efficiently underwriting risks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and analyze quote requests to determine risk acceptability, policy terms and rates to process new business
- Review and process renewals, endorsements and cancellations
- Analyze broker production reports
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from brokers
- Liaise with claims and accounting departments on mutual concerns
- Visit brokers to communicate underwriting approaches, facilitating public relations efforts and solving problems
- Attend industry functions to promote and represent Peace Hills
- Various other duties as required.
- Travel may be required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in personal lines auto and personal lines property risk selection
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy wordings, Alberta auto reform and Alberta grid rating
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills
- CIP/FCIP designation (or working towards) would be an asset
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career submit your resume, stating the position you are applying for, to Peace Hills Insurance at [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person