Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
Benefits of working at MCW:
- The opportunity to work on significant, innovative, and sustainable projects
- Career development opportunities, including mentorship and training
- Collaboration with team members across Canada
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP matching
- Professional development fees covered
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Prepare the concept design and complete load calculations, schematics, equipment selection and system concept report.
- Coordinate with other disciplines internally as well as externally with consultants and architects
- Prepare the contract documents including the specifications.
- Conduct site visits during the construction phase.
- Work with the field review team during the construction phase and ensure ASHRAE compliance and LEED where applicable.
- Update the schedule regularly as agreed to for the project
- Evaluate shop drawing reviews.
- Provide the Project Manager with various status reports
- Escalate resource issues to the appropriate Project Manager
- Assist in sourcing new work and maintaining existing client base
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering or another relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- Professional Engineering Designation (P. Eng.) in the Province of New Brunswick
- Engineering and/or design coordination experience in the consulting industry would be beneficial
- Experience in multi-disciplined project coordination and management
Job Specific Competencies:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT would be an asset
- Require comprehensive knowledge of current engineering principles and practices, complemented with a strong knowledge of project management concepts and practices
- Experience conducting site visits would be an asset.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Knowledge of Canadian Engineering standards
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision-making
- Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
- Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients
- Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
- Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
- Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them
- Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands
- Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way
- Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Compensation will be commensurate with the experience and skills of the successful candidate.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.