Branch: Technology and Information Management Branch
Section: Information Technology
Employment Type: Indeterminate
Position Linguistic Designation: English
Job Band: Band 10 UNIFOR 2025
Salary: $87,581.00 - $98,573.99 (2021 rates)
Union: UNIFOR 2025
Location: Ottawa Headquarters
Search Area: Internal; Membership; Public
Closing Date: 09/25/2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Information Technology Operations, the Systems and Network Support Analyst is responsible for the design, build, and implementation and configuration, administration and maintenance of enterprise-wide network systems hardware, operating systems, related network infrastructure, related applications and services. The Systems and Network Support Analyst also has responsibility for network disaster / recovery and backup / restore services, anti-virus and security services.
The Systems and Network Support Analyst, as part of the routine network administration activities, performs network system backups, network
integrity and performance checks, monitors network activity for defects, abuse or misuse and implements software upgrades and fixes as required. The incumbent will research and test new and upcoming networking technologies as required and provide guidance, support and/or technical assistance to other IT staff and the network user community as required.
- Minimum four years extensive working experience administering and supporting Microsoft Windows servers and directory services in a large enterprise network environment;
- Demonstrated working experience managing and supporting VMware virtual environments as well as Microsoft M365 environment
- Demonstrated experience working with networking equipment (hubs, switches, routers, cabling, print servers, etc.) and network management tools is required.
- Working experience in network analysis, problem troubleshooting and resolution.
- Working experience setting up and administering VLANs and VPNs is a definite asset.
- Working experience administering backup and restore processes using Dell Avamar, Microsoft Backups and Veeam isa definite asset.
- Working experience managing virus protection at the enterprise level using Microsoft Defender ATP and Symantec Anti-virus software is a definite asset.
- Working experience in managing systems and services in Microsoft Azure.
- Working experience in administering VoIP within MS Teams.
- Windows Network administration or engineering knowledge is required and must be proven by way of certification or adequate proof of testing;
- Working knowledge of NAS and SANs is required;
- Working knowledge of NetApp SAN would be a definite asset;
- Working knowledge of network protocols and connectivity technologies is required;
- ITIL Awareness is an asset, in particular change and incident management processes;
- Strong knowledge and experience with PC and Server hardware configurations and SCSI and RAID technologies would be asset;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge and commitment of trade union and equity principles and an understanding of the sensitive political and social issues.
- Ability to understand and respond strategically and tactically to operational issues with innovative solutions.
- Ability to analyze, assess and make recommendations on various informatics related proposals (i.e., hardware, software, etc.)
- Ability to learn quickly and remain current on emerging information technology trends by participating in seminars, courses, industry presentations and self study.
- Ability to demonstrate good client service through commitment to customer / client satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently and /or cooperatively with others in a team.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and remain effective during pressure situations.
- Proven track record of taking responsibility and ownership regarding work activities, and ability to demonstrate good time management.
- Commitment to continuous quality and process improvement.
- Subject to operational requirements, this position may be required to work regular late hour shifts that end between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
A full job description is available upon request.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirit (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $97,425.00-$109,654.00 per year
Work Location: In person