Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Warehouse/Shipping Receiving Associate has a key role in ensuring that products are received, verified, stored, and transported to the sales floor or in the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. Associates are also responsible for keeping the warehouse neat, tidy, and well maintained. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying. Part Time leading into Full-Time for the right candidate.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Receives, scans, verifies, and stores all incoming and overstock products according to established procedures and policies.
- Ships returns and completes proper paperwork.
- Provides the team with the necessary supporting processes to enhance the overall customer experience within the store through:
- Maintaining housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse in order to facilitate location of products by all staff.
- Responding to and handling customer and staff inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Delivering and assembling merchandise as required.
- Reconciles inventory differences.
- Prepares merchandise for filing, sorts and fills merchandise carts for the retail floor.
- Is responsible for garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
- Processes damaged and returned claims.
- Repairs broken packages as needed.
- Operates computer and scanning tools, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Is responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment (forklift, skyjack etc.).
- Handles dangerous goods and hazardous products according to established procedures.
- Results-oriented individual.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to complete detail oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
- Certification in forklift and skyjack (or scissor lift) is preferred.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Dept. Associate, Merchandiser, Supervisor, Warehouse Manager, Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
- Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Ability to go up and down a ladder and stairs while carrying merchandise.
Our offering includes
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 25-40 per week
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person