At Netsmart, we value and respect every member of our team, recognizing their contributions. Our office environment is exceptional, offering complimentary food and beverages, as well as various recreational amenities like a pool table, ping pong, dart board, gaming area, company gym, and more. We consistently provide techs with raises and bonuses that exceed inflation rates. If you're curious about experiencing Netsmart's culture firsthand, it's time to submit your application and discover our unique offerings.
What are we looking for?
At Netsmart we never silo our techs into only doing desktop support or doing Tier 1 support. Everyone gets the chance to learn new technologies and develop their skills. We are seeking an IT Specialist who will work with clients on their technology needs and help to do projects and handle support requests. The primary function of this position is to assess and handle the technical support requests on-site and remote for Netsmart Clients. We are looking for happy people who are good at tech and dealing with people and want to work for a supportive company.
Who are we?
Netsmart is an I.T. Managed Services Provider, serving Western Canada and the United States. We attribute our continued success to the passion and hard work of our amazing team. We offer a challenging work environment that provides continual learning and skills enhancement through team building, additional training, and on-site experience. Our techs work closely with our clients, both remotely and on-site, to provide superior support and customer service.
Netsmart provides that work culture you have always envisioned, with ongoing billiard, ping pong, and dart tournaments, a big screen with console gaming as well as snacks and beverages and more.
If you are seeking a rewarding career with a dynamic and dedicated team of IT Professionals you should apply today!
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- IT support on technical-related requests onsite and remotely. Ticket creation and monitoring of resolution status
- Network administration and maintenance of local area network services such as firewalls, switches, APs, and other devices
- Implementation and maintenance of corporate backup systems
- Administer virus protection and removal
- Coordinate vendor technical support as required
- Implement and comply with site-specific operations and security policies
- Implements, maintains, and adheres to all IT policies and procedures as set by Netsmart management
- Travel as needed to remote client sites
- Assisting other IT teams as needed
- Must be available to participate in rotating emergency on-call support and weekend projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Microsoft 365 and Azure AD experience is a necessity.
- Experiance with Cisco/Meraki and Fortinet is an asset.
- Higher salaries given to those who have Microsoft or VMWare certifications.
- Strong technical aptitude, especially relating to PC hardware. Competence with basic hand tools and mechanical aptitude to successfully perform hardware installation and maintenance.
- Class 5 Drivers License and a reliable vehicle.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be clear and fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Criminal background check required upon offer of employment.
Why work for us?
- Great culture with team building events and great people.
- We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience. Starting salary range of $60,000 - $85,000 annually, with a salary and performance review after 12 months.
- Extremely Attractive benefits package including with 100% coverage for Dental, health and many other benefits.
- Bonuses and maximum allowable mileage paid
- Dynamic and supportive team environment
- Work as an IT consultant with the opportunity to build strong relationships with dedicated clients.
- We strive on providing amazing service to our customers.
- Staff and team building events such as go-carts, paintball, pool/dart/ping pong tournaments.
- Paid time off
- Flex days
- Higher raises than inflation.
We are excited to welcome new people to our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- What is your desired salary for this position?
- It is a requirement to drive to client sites - do you have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle to accomplish this?
- Do you live in Edmonton/Edmonton Area?
- Are you able to provide a Police Information check?
- Network or System administration: 2 years (required)
- English Fluently/Natively (required)
Work Location: In person