ABOUT ST. MARY’S UNIVERSITY:
St. Mary’s University is a dynamic and innovative teaching and research university located on a beautiful historic site. We provide affordable, accredited and highly valued degrees in the Liberal Arts, Sciences and Education. Founded in the Catholic Intellectual Tradition, and as the only independent Catholic university in Canada, St. Mary’s University prepares its students to live with integrity, compassion and confidence while embodying a compassionate commitment to ethics, social justice, and respect for diversity of opinion and belief. St. Mary’s became a proud member of Universities Canada in 2022, and has over 1000 full- and part-time students, approximately 200 full- and part-time faculty and staff, and an average class size of 25.
Located in Mohkínstsis (Calgary) on the ancestral territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, and, Piikani First Nations), the Tsuut’ina and Îyârhe Nakoda Nations, as well as the Metis Nation, Region 3, St. Mary’s is focused on developing the whole person: mind, body and spirit.
Consistent with our Catholic values, St. Mary’s University is committed to fostering an institutional culture that values, supports, and promotes equity, human rights, respect, and accountability within our community. St. Mary’s is a university where all are welcome and inclusive excellence is important. We are committed to removing barriers for those who have been historically underrepresented or discouraged in our society.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reporting to the Director, Communications, Marketing and Events, the Communications and Marketing Specialist will develop and create a variety of communications, alumni and marketing projects to help support and promote St. Mary’s University as the school of choice for post-secondary education. St. Mary’s University is looking for an individual who is inspired by our mission, demonstrates a high level of motivation, embraces new challenges, and has the ability to balance diverse workloads to meet deadlines despite pressure and periodic interruptions. A flexible work schedule may be required from time to time to accommodate for some meetings and tasks that may be held outside of normal working hours (early mornings, evenings and weekends).
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
Collaborate with the Advancement and Communication’s team to understand, evaluate, and develop and deliver effective communication and marketing collateral to enhance and elevate St. Mary’s University’s greater profile.
- Collaborate closely and report to the Communications & Marketing Manager and team to support consistency and growth of social media channels.
- Deliver products across the spectrum of St. Mary’s University’s marketing and communications needs contributing both creative and technical expertise.
- Researching and creating internal and external messages, proposals, reports, and print and web stories.
- Assist in coordinating and executing activities and events that enhance campus experience and increase community engagement.
- Ensure tone and voice is appropriate for a variety of different materials.
- Work collaboratively across departments and faculties to support communications initiatives for all areas of the university including fundraising and events.
- Assist with community outreach, and donor/supporter communications through a variety of digital and print media.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
- 2-4 years of previous experience in a communications and/or marketing role.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of communications and marketing processes, including writing, editing, print and digital advertising, photography, videography, social media, digital design.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and orally), including integrity with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced skills for all social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Hootsuite
- Experience with operating a digital SLR camera and digital video camera.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team to multitask diverse workloads and projects and complete them in a timely manner.
- Experience developing and executing omni-channel digital content.
- A professional and outgoing demeanor, with ability to build effective relationships, as well as interact tactfully and diplomatically with a wide variety of people.
- A valid Alberta Driver’s License.
- Ability to promote, or at least respect, the institution’s Catholic mission and identity.
- Ability to promote for equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as Truth and Reconciliation.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
As a part of the St. Mary's University family, eligible employees receive a competitive compensation package and comprehensive total rewards program that includes, but not limited to, a group benefits package, health spending account, RRSP matching, generous time off, and tuition remission. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations directly via email to [email protected] in word or pdf format, with the Subject Line of: “Communications & Marketing Specialist”. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. We are unable to accept applications and dossiers through third party platforms.
St. Mary’s University is passionate about building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive work environment for students, staff and faculty, where diversity in all areas is celebrated and valued. We encourage any and all qualified individuals to apply. Priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-22