We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Support Specialist to join the Engineering team located in Calgary.
Reporting to the Engineering Department Manager, you will provide Engineering support for Avionic parts, Automated Test Equipment and Specialized Support Equipment. Using your engineering skills and experience you will;
- Support and develop new design and design change activities
- Provide engineering input to support business case proposals
- Develop Test Program Sets and lead development projects
- Perform technical investigations and produce technical reports
- Provide engineering deliverables to support Deviations, Alternate Parts Requests and Non-Standard Repair processes
- Conduct Logistic or Operations support tasks as required
- Using your strong communication and organizational skills, you will also carry out special project task activities and be called upon to provide departmental representation at internal and customer-oriented meetings
- 5 years of relevant work experience (Electronics / Avionics / Test Engineering)
- Background in validating, operating, testing, troubleshooting and problem analysis relative to airborne avionics systems and/or automated test equipment
- Certified Engineering Technologist Credential or equivalent
- Proficient in MS Office and business enterprise systems
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills
- Avionics design and development experience
- Aircraft systems testing and maintenance experience
- Test equipment design and development
- Experience working in a military support contract environment
- Familiar with DTAES and TAA regulatory requirements
At Arcfield Canada, we offer:
- Hybrid working environment
- A competitive salary
- Benefits that include extended health, dental and vision coverage as well as a health care spending account
- An RRSP plan that includes company matching on contributions of up to 6 percent
- Continual learning opportunities and professional development training to grow your talent and realize your aspirations and potential
At Arcfield Canada, we work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. Come and join this highly motivated team of professionals and help us continue to set the standards of excellence in a field that offers both challenge and reward.
Arcfield Canada is a leading provider of complete life cycle management and in-service support of complex electronic military systems. Our experienced team provides a broad range of services to the Department of National Defence including Engineering Services, Logistics Support Analysis, Electronic Systems Maintenance and Repair, and long-range planning for full fleet support. For more than 30 years, Arcfield Canada has been a dedicated partner to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). Visit us at www.Arcfield.ca to learn more.
All successful applicants must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Canadian Government Industrial Security Clearance.
Arcfield Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2E8M4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- MANDATORY QUESTION - Are you eligible to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance that is required for this position? To be eligible, you must be a Canadian Citizen as well as have resided in Canada for 10+ years.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB T2E8M4