The General Manager of the Sales Center will be responsible for developing and implementing business growth strategies for the center. Incumbent will direct business processes to ensure effective sales, inventory and financial metrics management. In addition, he / she will establish and maintain relationships with key residential customers within his / her respective markets.
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Role and Responsibilities
- Direct oversight and management of all employees, including ongoing skill development.
- Develop market strategy and work in conjunction with sales representatives to target potential local customers.
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels to meet existing and potential demand for product.
- Familiarize his/herself with the facilities budgeted amount for all categories.
- Evaluate all expenditures to ensure his/her location maintains all controllable expenses within monthly and annual budget guidelines.
- Achieve budgeted sales and EBIT numbers. Incorporate corporate functions into daily activities.
- Maintain a high level of customer service resulting in significant market penetration for door and operator products.
- Develop and maintain customer/vendor relationships.
- Make personal sales calls to current and target accounts at place of business, job site or residence.
- Work closely with corporate credit department to ensure that all procedures are properly carried out.
- Assist with product and/or installation warranty issues including, but not limited to, visually inspecting, operating, testing product on site or in the field.
- Perform all duties, functions, procedures necessary to ensure the financial and operational success of the facility including, but not limited to, shipping, receiving, deliveries, paper flow, product procurement, inventory control and organization, administrative and clerical, customer service and satisfaction per customer needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in product sales and business operations management.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, JD Edwards, AS400.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, self motivated, self starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality and well organized.
- Strong leadership and business metrics management skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- A background including experience in the door or construction industry is preferred.
- College degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred, but not mandatory.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00-$80,000,095.24 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person