Title: Estimator/Account Manager
Reports to: Branch Manager
Location: 170 Beverly St, Cambridge, ON
The Estimator/Account Manager is responsible for acting as the primary contact for Builders, Renovators and Homeowners engaging in a construction project. The Estimator / Account Manager is responsible for quoting all key product categories (Lumber, Trusses, EWP, Windows, Trim & Doors, Drywall & Insulation, Siding, and roofing) for their accounts, and completing administrative tasks (CRM, Forecasting, Accounts Receivable, Monthly Reporting).
- Base Salary: $40,000 - $62,920
- Commission: 1% of gross margin dollars – paid quarterly.
- Total Commission Range: $2,500 - $8,250
- Bonus Opportunity: $0 - $1,000
- Total Compensation Package: $43,000 - $71,170
- Benefits – Available after successful completion of probationary period.
- D.P.S.P. – Deferred profit-sharing program
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Living the Turkstra Values:
- Provide world-class customer service and quality building products.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for all.
- Act with integrity in all our dealings with customers and suppliers.
- Follows Turkstra's approach to world class customer service.
- Advises customers by providing proficient knowledge of products and services; using resources where required.
- Assists customers in making the best selections for their specified project.
- Seeks to earn 100% of the customer’s business (100% wallet share).
- Seeks to earn a referral from every customer.
Construction Material Quoting and Estimating:
- Analyzes blue prints and preliminary drawings.
- Completes quantity take-offs for all products required including lumber, windows, Trim, and Doors, Siding, Drywall & Insulation etc.
- Deals directly with vendors and completes special orders as required.
- Completes basic Truss designs from price book as required.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Maintains a comprehensive account plan for assigned customers.
- Updates account information in company ERP and CRM (where required).
- Nurtures and sustains customer relationships through relationship-building activities, swag, etc.
- Keeps customers updated regarding promotions, policy changes, and other pertinent business information.
- Maintains sale log and prepares annual sales forecasts.
- Meets financial objectives by overseeing the management of account receivables for all assigned accounts.
- Build-it-Better coaching for retail customers.
Managing Pricing and Competitive Solutions:
- Follows Turkstra Sales Process.
- Understands and uses product category pricing strategy document appropriately to win projects.
- Exercises proper judgement to maximize GM within pricing parameters and receives approval before going outside of pricing parameters.
- Fills out proper pricing nomination forms.
- Provides copes of competitive quotes market information to Sales and Purchasing teams.
- Works together with the Branch and Sales Teams to achieve key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Promotes the Turkstra Mill, Truss Plant, Lawson Lumber, Turkstra Design Centre and Turkstra Installs as part of our complete company.
- Supports the Turkstra Lumber Build-it-Better program.
- Participates in social media opportunities and assists the Marketing Team by providing relevant content for web and social media.
- Shares in the responsibility of taking inventory.
- Participates in branch and/or company lean projects.
- Ensures the availability of products and services through coordinating with Managers and Manufacturing plants to fill customer orders; arranging and prioritizing deliveries.
- Attends Turkstra University classes.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to expand knowledge through reading, website reviews, vendor presentations, etc.
- Completes Sandler Sales Training Bootcamp.
- Attends regular Sales Meetings.
- Completes assigned reading.
- Completes Build-it-Better certifications in Deck/Fence, Shed/Garage, Windows/Doors, Siding, Trim & Doors.
- Completion of Secondary School.
- Completion of a three-year College program in civil or construction engineering technology; or several years’ experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade such as carpentry or plumbing.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Experience of construction industry is an asset.
- Basic building code and residential framing knowledge.
- Customer focused.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented.
- General Math Skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills.
Turkstra Lumber is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00-$71,170.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years of lumber estimating experience do you have?
- Have you completed a three-year College program in civil or construction engineering technology; or have several years’ experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade such as carpentry or plumbing?
Work Location: In person