Peace Hills Insurance is a growing Canadian insurance company specializing in property and casualty insurance. We have over 200 employees with branch offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service available. Peace Hills Insurance prides itself on being a flexible, positive, and rewarding place to work.
Company culture is what sets aside Peace Hills Insurance from our competitors. Our personality is reflected in our mission statement, corporate values and business ethics and is further exercised through the architecture of our office. Visit www.peacehillsinsurance.com.
COMMERCIAL LINES (PROPERTY) UNDERWRITER
We currently have a full-time position available for a Commercial Lines Property Underwriter in our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Commercial Lines Manager in our BC Branch, the successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of a profitable and growing portfolio of business by effectively and efficiently underwriting risks. More specifically, the responsibilities would include the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Review quote requests and applications to determine risk acceptability, policy terms and rates to process new business
- Review and process renewals, endorsements and cancellations
- Place facultative reinsurance on risks that exceed capacity
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from brokers
- Liaise with personal lines, claims and accounting departments on mutual concerns
- Visit brokers to communicate underwriting approaches, facilitating public relations efforts and solving problems
- Attend industry functions
- Other various duties as required.
- 5+ years of commercial property underwriting experience as a senior or intermediate commercial underwriter in a domestic market
- Knowledge of policy wordings and rating guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills
- CIP/FCIP designation (or working towards) would be an asset
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. A collegial work environment and a work-life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build a career, submit your resume to Peace Hills
Insurance at [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person