Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is hiring a Retail Pricing Specialist on a permanent basis on our Centre Store Food team. This position is a hybrid opportunity and is based in Saskatoon, SK. Are you interested in working within a team to establish and maintain regular retail selling prices for assigned product categories for the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) food stores? Through the application of pricing rules & strategies and analysis of competitive markets, you will aim to provide retail pricing so that local Co-ops can be competitive, profitable, and current within their market. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What you’ll do:
- Analyze and assign retail pricing for assigned grocery categories using established rules & strategies, knowledge of the industry and professional judgement. Maintain price strategies to ensure retails remain competitive and profitable within their market.
- Evaluate rules-based pricing parameters for category target margins, price links, spread and parity rules, and rounding rules on a weekly basis.
- Conduct competitive price analysis of defined contentious products through price checks and price analysis software.
- Support and assist local Co-ops with a variety of issues including item and pricing questions and Point of Sale issues.
Who you’ll work with:
The Team: You will work closely with FCL Food Category Managers, Category Coordinators, POS Department, and IT Departments, and will report into the Manager, Retail Pricing and Promotions. This team strives to cultivate a culture of collaboration, autonomy, and results oriented.
Why it matters:
We help local Co-ops grow and thrive by offering a range of professional services, including marketing, market research, information technology, human resources, accounting, risk management and business development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Sales & Marketing and:
- Have 3-6 years of relevant experience in the food and/or grocery industry.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in commerce, business, or marketing (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered).
- Proficiency in excel is an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Encouragement to take advantage of learning opportunities to grow and develop as a Team Member.
- As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and what we offer, visit fcl.crs.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to ensure an enjoyable candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your requests to us via fc[email protected]. All information received will be kept confidential.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by September 29, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. FCLLP
As this position is considered a position of trust, you may be required to complete a criminal check and background check in accordance with FCL policies.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion. We’re working to create a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve and an environment where every team member brings their whole self to work. We believe all candidates should feel at home with us and be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process.