Marketing & Communications Manager
At Aryze, we’re deeply committed to increasing the quality of housing and communities across Greater Victoria. We know fostering community is about more than simply building homes, which is why we take a thoughtful approach to the built environment in everything we do. One of the most rewarding aspects of our job is seeing families settle into their new homes as projects we’ve been working on for several years come to completion. After touchpoints across our organization—from development, engagement, accounting, sales and leasing, and of course, construction—we get to see new communities take shape as an outcome of urban design and infill development.
Do you want to watch your community change, or do you want to be the one to shape it?
Because we’re hoping you’re here for the latter.
Who are we?
We are Aryze.
We are a local Victoria-based group of millennials trying to build homes. We like to think of ourselves as entrepreneurs with an underlying goal of building better communities; this includes building a swim dock with a floating tree in Victoria’s Gorge waterway and engaging in Victoria’s political conversations. Naturally this expanded to include tackling the mystifying real estate industry, where we see an opportunity to build infill homes in urban areas just outside Victoria’s downtown which are in line with our creative and social values.
We believe that every neighbourhood should have diverse housing types and tenures for all incomes and demographics. A densified, compact, walkable lifestyle is critical to solving our climate and housing crisis; all while creating more livable and healthier communities.
While we bring a number of innovative infill development projects to market, Aryze’s roots are in quality and unique construction. Our focus to build homes with the highest standards of craft, design and efficiency has distinguished our homes from others on the block.
Who are you?
You have a passion for taking on challenging projects that are unique—sometimes a bit weird—and delivered in an entrepreneurial environment where excellence is expected. You are a blend of both creative and strategic, distilling big ideas and solving problems through innovation. You stay up to date with current marketing trends, write pristine copy and can manage a team of creative partners to bring a collective vision to life. Most of all, you want to contribute in a place where you’re more than an employee number; a place you love working.
Still here? Good. Because if this resonates with you, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.
Reporting to the Director of Communications & Engagement, the Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for strategizing, executing and evaluating marketing communications campaigns to achieve our collective business objectives. Working in conjunction with the marketing, sales, development and construction teams, this candidate will promote Aryze’s work and culture, generate leads for active sales and leasing programs and promote our team’s thought leadership with innovative and industry-leading campaigns.
This role is instrumental in executing successful sales and leasing programs, and as such, the candidate will be expected to dually report to the Director of Sales and Leasing for all related tasks to ensure aligned campaign success, with emphasis on effective and qualified lead generation.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience working with and overseeing creative professionals, with an understanding of how to bring together multiple collaborators to create successful outcomes that generate measurable results. You will also be expected to craft precise copywriting in the Aryze tone and voice, develop strategic communications for effective storytelling and apply creative thinking to embrace our brand values. Working collaboratively with other departments, all functions and responsibilities are performed in accordance with Aryze's values and beliefs.
The ideal candidate has 4+ years of experience in fields related to Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Public Relations with experience or an interest in real estate development. Ideally, you’ll also have comfort with photography and videography. We know this is a big list, so we will consider applicants with less experience but who have the drive and energy to help make our projects a success.
- Reporting to the Director of Communications & Engagement, lead and produce creative briefs and marketing/communications campaign plans for development projects, sales and leasing programs and corporate promotions (ie, The Good City Project)
- Reporting to the Director of Sales & Leasing, envision sales and leasing strategies that employ innovative tactics to drive conversion and qualified lead generation
- Audit outfacing content to ensure accuracy and effective communication to the public, including but not limited to the following; website, real estate platforms, local news sources and social media platforms
- Lead and manage in-house Graphic Designers and creative partners (agencies, contractors, renderers, media, photographers, videographers, etc) to meet deadlines and specified outcomes
- Co-manage Sales, Marketing & Communications Coordinator alongside Customer Experience & Community Manager
- Oversee the execution of all project marketing initiatives and deliverables through to completion, including signage, printing, social media, email newsletters, web content, mass email campaigns, targeted email campaigns, digital ad campaigns, events, etc.
- Estimate project timelines, workback schedule, effort and budget for new marketing campaigns
- Identify and manage risks and/or roadblocks that would impact project completion and proactively resolve issues
- Lead market, product and service research and data collection to evaluate and analyze industry trends
- Create and manage corporate and project marketing communications plans, schedules and content marketing deliverables
- Manage all social media content strategy, planning and execution
- Monitor and evaluate in-depth analytics insight reports (social media, website, ad campaigns, CRM, etc.) and reports to key stakeholders
- Lead and collaborate with in-house Graphic Designers and creative partners in the development and execution of social media and marketing campaigns, ensuring the visuals are consistent with Aryze brand standards
- Lead and collaborate with in-house Graphic Designers to facilitate maintenance of the website using Content Management System (ie. Sanity)
- Manage the creation and distribution of email newsletters, including the Aryze Quarterly and project specific mass mails, ensuring compliance with CASL
- Participate in ideation sessions and collaborate on content strategy and branding for project asset development
- Participate in editorial ideation and manage the development of the Aryze Annual magazine including producing written editorial content
- Craft and oversee the development of strategic communications materials, such as engagement strategies, written and visual content for project Application Briefs and related community engagement materials in collaboration with Customer Experience & Community Manager
- Proofread written content by Development and Sales departments to apply, embrace and advocate for the Aryze brand experience, ensuring consistency across all corporate touchpoints
- Prepare and execute a variety of internal and external reports and presentations, related to campaign performance, brand development and project status
- Provide support to the development and engagement teams with public engagement and community meetings
- Oversee and manage all project-related timelines and collaborate with marketing and sales staff using project management software (ie. Asana)
- Negotiate contracts for suppliers and vendors including agencies and media outlets
- Assist with general marketing administration including meeting prep, deliveries, site visits, invoicing, etc
- Attend weekend and evening meetings or events, as required
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Travel, as required
- Knowledge of local real estate market
- Strong understanding of development marketing and pre-sales sales campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills with positive work ethic and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to balance competing deadlines and prioritize effectively
- Ability to present confidently in meetings with leadership, clients and creative partners
- Up-to-date and aware of current industry and design trends and can translate those trends into compelling marketing communications materials
- Strong social media and digital awareness
- Excellent written skills; copywriting, proofreading and editing
- Values constructive criticism and feedback
- Effective decision-making skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
- Willingness to be resourceful, work independently and take initiative when completing tasks
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides
- Capable of working within a strong file management system (ie. Google Drive)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is an asset
- Photography and videography skills are an asset
Experience: 4+ years related experience in a marketing and communications role, preferably with experience or an interest in real estate development
Education: Degree, diploma or certificate in a related field, such as marketing, communications, advertising or public relations
Starting salary at $67,000. Competitive, negotiable based on experience; benefits program offered after probation period.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment that embraces equity and promotes equal opportunities for all candidates. At Aryze, we recognize the value that people from different backgrounds, lived experiences and perspectives bring to our team, specifically when working within the realm of city-building. We believe that diversity fuels innovation, creativity, success—and fundamentally—better cities for all citizens.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $67,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC V8S 1G9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Do you actively live in Victoria, British Columbia?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Photography: 1 year (preferred)
- Videography: 1 year (preferred)
- Victoria Real Estate: 4 years (preferred)
- Project Management: 4 years (preferred)
- Social Media Management: 4 years (preferred)
- Google Suite: 1 year (preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (preferred)
- Writting: 4 years (preferred)
- Copy Editing: 4 years (preferred)
- Marketing: 4 years (preferred)
- Class 5 Driver's License (preferred)
Work Location: In person